Chief Executive Officer
Hours of work: Full time
The Chief Executive Officer must be an outstanding strategic leader who is able to develop and articulate the vision, values and ethos for Northern Star Academies Trust and who will inspire and empower others to share in achieving it. The CEO is accountable, and takes responsibility, for the performance of all academies within the Trust and has financial accountability as the Accounting Officer of the Company.
The CEO must be committed to creating the optimum educational opportunities for all pupils across the trust; a senior leader who likes to have a balance of working with the board of trustees to shape and set the direction of the trust, but also being hands on and spending time with each school’s leadership team.
Roles and responsibilities
- To execute all the functions and responsibilities of the Chief Executive and Accounting Officer of the academy trust (a Company Limited by Guarantee with charitable status).
- Act as an ambassador, inspiring and empowering others within the MAT, whilst maintaining a high standard of personal integrity and professional conduct.
- Work with the board of trustees, local governing bodies (LGBs) and staff in member schools to define and deliver the trust’s vision, aims and objectives through inspirational and motivational leadership, clear strategic direction, high standards and measurable targets.
- Work with the board in overseeing the governance arrangements in the schools ensuring that strong governance is maintained throughout the MAT structure and developing governance in weaker schools.
- Set out how the trust and its academies will move forward to achieve the trust’s strategic goals in the short, medium and long term.
- Work to the agreed delegations with the trust board to the LGBs and headteachers of the member academies for their strategic and day-to-day operations, while agreeing with headteachers which matters are most effectively operated centrally by the MAT.
- Ensure compliance, regularity, propriety and value for money for the MAT.
- Maintain a secure overview of the management of all issues within each of the MAT’s academies, providing assistance to the headteachers of each academy, their boards, and board of the MAT.
- Uphold good governance and ethical behaviour through leadership and example, including good professional practices and business control systems
For further information and an application pack please downloaded using the following link:
Closing date for application is Noon, Friday 28 April 2017
Interview dates will be 17 & 18 May 2017
For vacancies in our schools please click the following links:
|Harrogate High School >>|
|Skipton Girls High School >>|
|New Park Primary Academy >>|
|Hookstone Chase Primary School >>|